- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward all.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
- They shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
- Nonviolence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being . . . We must be the change we wish to see.
- When, as individuals, we disarm ourselves internally—through countering our negative thoughts and emotions and cultivating positive qualities—we create the conditions for external disarmament. Indeed, genuine, lasting world peace will only be possible as a result of each of us making an effort internally.
–the Dalai Lama
- If there is to be peace in the world . . . there must be peace in the heart.
- The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war.
- Peace be with you.